Friday, April 29, 2011

Let There Be Light...Maybe



As I have previously mentioned, I played Design Star this past weekend, but I was not finished.  Part of the plan for redecorating my room was to upgrade my lighting.  I had a mis-match assortment of lamps and had decided to at least find some lampshades that I liked that went together.  I had an idea in mind of what I wanted, but so far the price to upgrade was, well, let's just say "unpleasant".

I have my eye on a footstool at Bed, Bath, and Beyond that I really want.  I took my sister to show her and get her valuable input a few days ago.  On display next to my footstool was the absolute most beautiful lamp.  A nice, bronze color with marble accents that reminded me of swirling coffee.  It made my hearth sing.  That is what I wanted!!!  My mouth started to drool as I realized the exquisite lamp was part of a set:  one floor lamp, two table lamps, and a smaller lamp.  Amazing!  Imagine my joy when I then looked to the price tag and discovered the lamps were on half-price clearance!!!!!  Needless to say, they came home with me.

I could not wait to get home.  I opened the box and began to assemble my precious lamps.  After a few moments, though, I realized something was terribly wrong.  I only had three lamps in my possession.  Three lamps, not four.  No smaller lamp at all.  I dug back through the box, frantically searching for the lamp I must have overlooked.  I called in my youngest sister, desperately hoping I had just missed it in all the excitement.  My heart dropped to the floor as the sad realization that it was absent set in.  I had managed to receive the shade, but not the lamp.

What was I to do?  I pulled out my receipt and called the store.  How was I going to explain this bizarre event?  Would they even believe my story?  Or would they assume I was another thief trying to rob them of a small lamp?

As you can see from the picture at the beginning, my melodrama has a happy ending.  The manager asked me to bring in my receipt and they gave me the small lamp from the display.  My joy was restored, and my room is now beautifully well-lit!

Do not despair, my footstool!  I will return for you soon.  And do not feel unloved because the lamps came home first; They were much less expensive than you are, and there was only one set left.  My sincere desire is that you join me next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment