Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Pretty, Pretty!!!

So it's Easter time again, and it is tradition for the ladies to arrive at Easter Sunday services with brand new dresses.  Thankfully, I am not a member of the churches that go for the matching hats and gloves (I do NOT look good in any kind of hat!).  Not that there is anything wrong with the hats and gloves, mind you.  I am just not a big fan.

For the last three years I have been without a brand new Easter dress.  Not for lack of looking, but the selection of pretty, comfortable dresses in the fat ladies department has been sadly lacking.  Seriously designers, not all of us are professional supermodels!  Some of us have desk jobs.  And there is no way I will ever be caught wearing a Mu-Mu in public.  Although lately one of my problems has been the length:  yes long dresses are nice, but I am just over 5 feet tall and the dresses are dragging the ground by a foot and a half on me!  I did find one I liked this year, but of course, my size could not be found.  Bummer....

As I said before, I have been sadly deprived of a new dress.  It really is no big deal, and I have never lost sleep over it.  But this year will be different, for this year I have a new dress!!!!!!  And not just any new dress:   a beautiful, bright and colorful green dress that looks amazing on me!  The color is perfect for my skin tone and dyed reddish-brown hair( I was a natural gray at 14).  The length is absolutely stunning for my short self, and the cute little jacket is just adorable!  And I look absolutely adorable, if I do say so myself!!!

It is an amazing feeling of prettiness that came over me as I critically studied my reflection in the mirror.  A pretty, well-fitting dress is magical.  It can transform an ordinary woman into a beautiful princess.  Yes, I am 30 years old, but I still want to feel like a princess.

The search for the perfect Easter dress is over.  Now I just need to find some matching shoes.......

No comments:

Post a Comment