Monday, March 7, 2011

Zaboo!!!!



See this face?  Isn't it adorable??  This face belongs to my spoiled-rotten child, er, cat.  Her name is Zoboomafoo and she is my baby.  I call her Zaboo for short; Zoboomafoo is only used when she is doing something naughty and she knows it.  Zaboo is quite an unusual kitty and has some interesting habits, such as a monstrous dislike of closed doors, especially if you are on the other side.  She plays fetch better than most dogs.  And she will obediently run to my (our) room at night when told to "go to bed".  Of course, I have a massive southern accent, so it comes out more like "Zaaaboooo, go to bey-ud".

While she is daily deserving of a post in my blog for keeping my feet warm at night, drinking water out of the sink, playing with pound puppies, or just being so darn cute, I try not to write about her because I do not want to sound like a crazy cat lady just yet.  However, last week she did something that I feel is worth telling the world.

I had decided to buy her a new toy.  Why, I do not know.  She prefers to "stalk" the toys from my youngest sister's room.  Anyway... this particular toy came with a pouch a catnip, which I had decided not to give her.  Someone had once referred to it as "marajuana for cats" and I am determined not to raise a druggie!  However, I made the crucial error of leaving the small pouch out in the open where she could find it.  The next afternoon, I noticed something strange going on.  My precious yet mischievious child was croutched on the floor, with a glazed look in her giant green eyes.  She was continuously rolling around on the same spot of the floor, practically rubbing herself into the carpet.  After a few moments of watching her odd behavior I noticed small flakes of a foreign particle covering her soft, thick furr.  I stooped down on the carpet to see what was so interesting to her, when I saw it:  A small, torn plastic bag of what used to be catnip!  My little snot had found the baggie, drug it under the couch, and proceeded to rip it open.  Catnip was all over the floor and all over her.  I called her by her full name, which only brought me a quick glance.  "Whattt???"  she seemed to innocently ask.

I cleaned her off as best I could, and vaccuumed up all of the offending particles, fussing her for her poor choices.  For the next three days she would come to that same spot, croutching low and sniffing, as if looking for any trace amounts for her next kitty high.  All of my hard work and carefull parenting, all for naught!  But I have finally forgiven her (after a long 3 hours), and she has promised never to do it again.  At lest that is what I enterpretted that "mrrrow" to mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment